White Papers: Free Download
Cohasset | ARMA | AIIM 2013 | 2014 Information Governance Benchmarking –A Call for Modernization 8th Biennial Survey White Paper
Cohasset Associates, ARMA International and AIIM are pleased to announce this eighth biennial survey white paper. Beginning in 1999, these biennial white papers document the discipline as it evolves from Records and Information Management (RIM) to Information Governance (IG). This year's survey results provide authoritative, up-to-date benchmarking metrics on information lifecycle practices with an emphasis on electronically stored information (ESI). You will find:
- Incisive and comprehensive measures of the current state of information governance practices.
- Details on successes, obstacles and opportunities for more effective information lifecycle management.
- Insightful actions that will modernize information governance to meet today’s challenges.
Survey results provide evidence that:
- Overall, IG programs are more prevalent, better-designed, and inclusive of ESI. However, many essential implementation elements are not being addressed.
- Effective IG is increasingly recognized as an imperative for corporate compliance and risk mitigation. Coordination and integration is on the rise.
- While improvements are reported in the management of some ESI, information governance must modernize or forever be losing in a game of catch-up.
- Legal Hold processes are more commonplace, but over-preservation is an immense challenge to the implementation of effective information lifecycle controls, thereby contributing to future risk and complexity.
To download your copy, please complete and submit the form below: